Tuesday, July 31, 2012

TIO Tuesday - No-Bake Cookies

I swear I used to make these when I was growing up. Or maybe my mom did? Or maybe a combination? I don't know, but I do know I loved them, loved them, really loved them! I think everyone my age probably had them as well. No comment on my age...
Recently I came across this recipe and thought it sounded pretty close to what I remember. I whipped them up in no time and it didn't heat up the house. Even better than that, my kids loved them too.
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups quick-cooking oats

1. Add the first four ingredients (through the cocoa powder) to a 4-quart saucepan.
2. Bring to a rolling boil and let boil for 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until smooth, then stir in the oats.
5. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto wax paper-lined baking sheets.
6. Let cool until set.
(Recipe adapted from Ezra Pound Cake)


Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Misty, you probably had them growing up, grandma used to make them quite often. The recipe she used had coconut and pecans in them. They are one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete