Tuesday, July 3, 2012

TIO Tuesday - Chicken Ranch Tacos

Many of my good friends know how much I love my original Chicken Taco recipe. You might wonder why I would mess with a good thing, but I'm so glad I did! Not that I don't still love the original, but it's nice to change things up once in a while. I have no idea how I came about finding this recipe, I'm sure it goes back to Pinterest somehow. (Is Pinterest the Internet version of Kevin Bacon?)
Two of the five kiddos don't really care for the original recipe, they think it's too spicy. I thought this would be a great way to serve something I already love and have all of us be able to enjoy it. Sure enough, they did and I do. Best of all, it's still in the crockpot, a life saver with 100 degree temps right now.

It looks a little scary here, but this is what it looks like before it's all shredded. The flavors all come together perfect. After shredding, I let it cook for another 30 minutes or so on low. 

Chicken Ranch Tacos
3 cups cooked chicken, cut up
1 pkt. taco seasoning (chicken or beef)
1/2 cup Ranch dressing
------------------
taco shells
lettuce
cheese
Ranch dressing
tomatoes
etc...

Heat a skillet over med-high heat. Add chicken & warm it for a few minutes. Sprinkle on the dry taco seasoning. Do not add any water! Heat for 5-7 minuted until all heated through & powder is stuck to the chicken.

Add Ranch dressing, heat an additional 2-3 minutes to warm through.

Serve in taco shells with all the fixings you love - plus an extra squirt of Ranch!

**** I did mine in the crockpot. Slight adjustment to ingredients: place uncooked or frozen chicken in crockpot, cover with 1 can chicken stock/broth, sprinkle taco seasoning and ranch seasoning on top.  Cook on low 4-6 hours. Shred chicken and stir in Ranch dressing or use as a condiment.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment