Saturday, February 16, 2013

Banana Bread Brownies with Brown Butter Frosting

I always seem to have ripe bananas on hand. I wanted to go beyond the bread and muffins I usually make and this was perfect. These brownies were so moist and much more delicate than the usual pumpkin bars I make. I followed the recipe exactly, no need to change what's not broken. 
Just a tip though, make sure you have all the ingredients before you start browning the butter. Yeah, I didn't have close the amount of powdered sugar  I needed. Thankfully, Casey's had a box, and it was only $2 more than if I had been prepared and bought it from Fareway. Ugh. 
So, I had these delicious brownies made. A huge 15x10 pan of them. Mom's Morning Out was the next day, I thought I would bring some to share. And then we get a blizzard?! Yes, no school the next day, no MMO, and a pan of brownies staring at me, all day.
I apologize to all my MMO friends for the brownies you never got to eat. I promise I will make it up to you!
Here's the recipe so you can try them out:
Banana Bread Brownies with Brown Butter Frosting

***It's a great tongue twister for the kids. You want another brownie? Say it three times fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment