Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Chocolate Chip Muffins

As I mentioned in my Block Seven blog, part of my New Year's resolution is to try 60 new recipes. That bodes well for this blog. I would have had this ready to post last week, were it not for some quirky blogger issue with uploading pictures. Without boring you to tears with the details, suffice it to say, it might have been supremely helpful if I had - at any point - taken a computer science class. However, now that I have it figured out, I finally get to start blogging again!
My first recipe of the year: Chocolate Chip Muffins
Most of my recipes begin here with the basics. My new labeled jars make me smile. The jars are from Target and I found these labels on an Etsy site, super easy to apply and don't they look great?!
The second place I go, my drawer that holds my measuring tools etc. Imagine my surprise (not really) when I opened it and found all of these wood shavings in my drawer? Backtrack a little, Brad has finally started on my counter tops, in the process, he made a mess. But, being that I'm trying to find the joy in everything, I looked at it as an opportunity to clean it out and organize, which I had been planning to do anyway. Just not right now when I'm trying to make my muffins, but I digress.

I'm always a little reluctant to continue with a recipe when I find that I have way too much left over, as in this case. The recipe said it made 12 regular size muffins. I had a ton left over. What to do? I decided to make a really big muffin, using the tart liners I had purchased for another recipe. Great solution right?
The regular muffins turned out just fine, thankfully.
Annaliese said something to the effect of "You'll really like them, they're awesome!" Love that girl! 
What I wasn't planning on with the big one, how much it would rise. Holy cow! Hailey ended up bringing it to her teacher. Apparently, he liked it as well.
The Chocolate Chip Muffins were a hit. I will definitely make them again. I'd love to try the Poppy Seed ones.
My next project is to learn to make pie crust. For some reason, I'm very intimidated by the whole process. I found this little book at Target on clearance. I've been watching it on the end cap for quite some time and it finally went to 75% off, I figured that was my sign it was time.
There are some fantastic looking recipes in this little book. The first one I have planned to try is the Apple Chai. I'm not sure when these recipes will make an appearance on here, but rest assured, it will be soon!

1 comment:

  1. Love the jars! I too have those jars but not the labels. I may need to buy some labels now. Can't wait to hear how your pies turn out. And I'm totally digging the giant muffin.

    ReplyDelete