Tuesday, July 24, 2012

TIO Tuesday - Delish Pesto Pasta with Chicken Marsala

My friend, Jen, gave me her latest copy of Taste of Home. I flipped through quick as I was sitting at Jack's baseball game and this recipe caught my eye. It's labeled as a "fast fix" which always works for me! It did take a little longer than the 30 minutes quoted, but not much. I liked that the sauce wasn't heavy, making it a perfect pasta for summer. I've always wanted to make a Chicken Marsala and now I have the wine to do it. I'll be looking for a good recipe for that soon, so if you have one, please let me know!
(I am retyping this from the magazine, but it's in the current issue of Taste of Home - August/September 2012.)
Delish Pesto Pasta with Chicken Marsala

4 cups uncooked penne pasta
2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips and divided
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp. grated lemon peel
1 cup Marsala wine
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup 2% milk
1 envelope creamy pesto sauce mix
1 tbsp. minced fresh basil
1 tbsp. minced fresh parsley

1. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a Dutch oven, heat 1 tbsp. oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the chicken cook and stir until no longer pink.; remove from pan. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken. Remove chicken from pan.
2. Add garlic and lemon peel to the same pan; cook and stir for 30 seconds.  Add wine and lemon juice, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in the cheese, milk and sauce mix. Add chicken; cook until sauce is slightly thickened.
3. Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture and toss to combine. Sprinkle with herbs.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment